Kerri (solan_t) wrote,

Okay, I finally decided which painful method I was going to use. In the end I cut the pattern pieces out and drew around them with chalk. Ick. But the fabric didn't shift as much as I feared. It DID end up bigger than I intended, unfortunately. Chalk paper and a PDA stylus was used to transfer the interior markings (not shown).

This is view B of Butterick's

As I couldn't figure out how 'center front" and 'center back' could be true by their instructions I have seamed the front and back rather than flatlining them for later binding. The top and bottom edges will be flatlined and bound... somehow. Haven't made up my mind about that yet. As some of the bones really need some steep angles on them, I am going to see if I can find plastic ties or something of that sort for the boning. My first plastic boned corset. Ha. The fit will be interesting to see, when I finally get it to that point. If there is a big enough gap I plan to put my wooden busk in a stomacher kind of arrangement and lace it into the center front. On the other hand, this is a toile, unless it fits really well (the fabric was free, after all) so that's all up in the air.

Oh yeah, and my dear, darling son seems to have played with and lost my fabric weights...

  • (no subject)

    verminiusrex finally got the software he wanted and now there are pictures of Lilith from him!…

  • (no subject)

    Nicki (Ion - the one in turquoise and white in the previous picture) did my tattoos. I ended up with the Wolfe Brothers paint on my face and chest,…

  • Costume Con 25

    Led out on a dark stage, glasses-less and blind. The bells are strangely quiet. The stage ninja lets me know I am 'set'. Left hand - just so. Right…

  • Post a new comment


    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.