1. Put your playlist on shuffle.
2. Post the first lines to the first 25 songs to come up (along with these instructions).
3. Have people guess the songs and artists in comments to the post. (will accept Musical titles in place of the Artist where approprate)
4. Post the answers to the ones people guessed correctly. A couple of days later, post the first two lines of the ones no one got and get people to guess again.
5. Repeat, adding the next line to the unguessed songs each time, until they're all guessed/you've posted the whole song/you've gotten bored/no-one's going to get the damn thing if you don't tell them.
Note: some songs were repeats of albums, much less artists. And some were instumental, while others I just couldn't figure out the words. Those were culled out.
1. “Spend all your time waiting”
? by Sarah McLachlan (puddlediving)
Dancing in the Street by David Bowie and Mick Jagger (starstraf)
3. “I will be the answer at the end of the line”
A Love Song Anne Murray (and Loggins & Messina I assume) (themadblonde)
"Horror Movie Hero by The Jolly Rogers (starstraf)
6. “I linger in the doorway”
Say Goodbye to Hollywood by Billy Joel (Dr. Paisley)
8. “We go waiting for the stars”
I Want it All Queen (themadblonde)
Lucille by Kenny Rogers (themadblonde)
Hello in there by Bette Midler (or John Prine) (Dr. Paisley)
Leave Me Alone (Ruby Red Dress) Helen Reddy (starstraf)
Dead (Dr. Paisley) by They Might Be Giants (puddlediving)
(This Song is Just) Six words long by Wierd Al Yankovic (xthread)
15. “What in all of heaven could have prompted her to go”
Thank God I'm a Country Boy by John Denver (starstraf)
17. “Listen as I tell you of my innocence and trust”
18. “You like snow, but only if it’s warm”
The Noah Plan by Peter Schilling (xthread)
20. “I tried to kill the pain, but only brought more”
The 59th Street bridge Song (Feeling Groovy) by Simon and Garfunkle (starstraf)
Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler (starstraf)
23. “Anna. You come and ask me, girl”
24. “How ‘bout getting off of these antibiotics”
Against All Odds by Phil Collins (themadblonde)