1. My username has a bit of a long story. Once upon a time a friend of mine (name of Thomas - no I did not know him when my son was born) had an orphan character in an AD+D game by the name of Solenacea (or something like that. I never could remember how to spell it. It just happens to be the family or genus name of a shrub
. Go figure). I had fun with her, but the game petered out.
Not long afterward I started playing Asheron's Call. I made an Aluvian and needed a name. I like Solana...Solena... That name, but couldn't spell it. So I shortened it down to Solan. The little blurb in AC that talked about naming conventions (you certainly didn't need to follow them, but..) said Aluvians took their father's names as last names and added -sun (for sons) or -mad (for daughters).
So, Solenacea of Thomas' AD+D game became Solan Thommad. Then my brothers started complaining about how hard it was to /tell Solan Thommad (rather hypocritical of someone with a character called Surin Lanock or Renix's Librarian don't you think? ;) ). So, from then on I tried just using Solan. But that was taken when I started LJ, so I used Solan_T
2. My journal is blank, actually
3. My subtitle is "Melodramatic, corsetted mistress of the obscure" Because, well, I like melodrama for effect, I love corsets and an online friend suggested 'mistress of the obscure' pointing out that not all that many people know much about chemistry. Or archaeology. Or a number of other subjects I enjoy.
4. My friends page is called "Entertainment for the melodramatic, corsetted mistress of the obscure" Um.. yeah. ;)
5. My default userpic is a cycle of the many faces of Calvin. 'Cause I live with one. :D And it's just too... too.... I don't know, but I love it.