March 24th, 2007

Lilith

I am such a cheater.

I started out trying to actually sew all those button holes..... but gave up and painted them. :p


The velcro that can be ironed on to fabric really does seem to work, even on this slick silk. However, I managed to scorch my silk in one place. sigh. It's not TOO obvious, I don't think, but I sure can see it. But my overskirt just needs to dry, then be hemmed and it's done.

The sleeves are in.... but the 'whites' don't really match up. I am hoping that won't matter, but, ack.

Next up, the lapels for the top.... and that damn collar. The rest is detailing.


Oh, and I don't think I will be able to use latex or fabric paint for the tattoos. *sigh* They just can't be made strong enough to take the abrasion they will, and still be as delicate as I want them. I will have to rely on the sealant with the skin paint.