Because the pattern I am using doesn't have seam allowances, I decided to hand baste the peices of the corset mock up together, that being the most accurate way I could think of to keep the seam lines together.
But my stitches got closer and closer together and I realized I was, in fact, just sewing the silly thing together by hand. So, I am running with it. If nothing else, I will see just how strong and tight my hand-sewn seam can be.
I suspect I will still 'cheat' and use the machine to sew the seam allowance down as a faux-flatfell/bone casing.
Yes, I do plan to post pictures, when there is something to see.