Well, I got to looking at it recently and noticed something
The corsets I have made for myself end up looking like this:
But not so much like this:
I actually get too much slope from waist to hip, rather than the more gradual slope of the bodice.
So, I went looking for another pattern, one that might give me the shape I wanted. I knew it would likely have to go down over my hips, because this pattern:
ends up practically horizontal over the hips as it gets broken in.
I found a likely (and easy!) pattern in Corsets and Crinolines on page 81. I scanned it in, used some math and Irfanview (www.irfanview.com) to blow it up to a point where it would print out fulled sized (192% as it turned out) and printed each piece out.
Naturally, I am rather larger around than the corset was intended for, but this can be dealt with. I cut each piece down the center (along what I assumed was the grain line) and pasted the halves down on poster board 3/4 of an inch apart.
Then I traced the pieces on some fabric, added seam allowances I didn't trust, cut it out and hand sewed the pieces together (so I could be sure I was keeping the seam lined up)
There is rather too little in the way of bones, but the mock up tells me what I need to know.
It pretty much fits.
I need to take the flare out of the bottom of the front piece.
It gives the shape I want.