Kerri (solan_t) wrote,
Kerri
solan_t

This... may be a mistake.

So. Long time ago I picked up some upholstery fabric with the intent of making a Ren Fest underskirt or perhaps use it to make a bodice, or as accent to bodice and over skirt.

The patterned stuff in this picture



Then, it sat. For a long time.


Recently, I used a bit of it for some foresleeves and realized it would probably be best if those foresleeves could be tied in to SOMETHING on the rest of the costume. All the portraits I looked at had some tie-in of that sort - either the foresleeves or the lining of the great sleeves were of the same fabric as the underskirt.


So, I started making the rest of the fabric into a skirt.


The skirt alone weighs 5.4 lbs. (And my machine doesn't do a stellar job of feeding it through - I kind of have to pull it along.)
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 2 comments